Pay Tickets

    Paying a citation may be done in person or online.

    To pay in person, please visit Muncipal Court, located inside the Justice Center at 8022 Shin Oak Dr.  Municpal Court hours are: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 12:00pm & 1:00pm – 5:00pm

    To pay online:

    • Visit the City of Live Oak online bill payment center
    • Select "Municipal Court"
    • Search by Driver's License & Date of Birth, or Citation number & Date of Birth
    • Pay using your MasterCard or Visa

    Please direct any additional questions via email to City of Live Oak Municipal Court or you may reach us by phone at (210) 945-1799.  Please be aware that no personally identifiable information may be transmitted by email.

      Bulk Pick Up

      When is Bulk Pick Up

      Pick Up is scheduled twice a year in the Spring and in the Fall. Watch for dates in the newsletter and on the marquees.


        Trash Collection

        The City of Live Oak provides trash pickup services for normal garbage collection.

        Recycling Program

        Recycling is every other week.

        Learn More

        Brush Pick Up

        Waste Management provides brush pickup for the residents of Live Oak once per month. The City is divided into two zones, Gold and Green:

        GOLD ZONE - Collection of the Gold Zone begins the first Thursday of every month. Area begins at Judson Road and IH 35 and includes Retama Hollow, Brentwood Oaks, Bridlewood and Lookout Road. Also includes original Live Oak North of Leafy Hollow.

        GREEN ZONE - Collection of the Green Zone begins the third Thursday of every month. Area includes all of Woodcrest and original Live Oak South of and including Leafy Hollow.

        Waste Management will pass through each street only once, all brush must be placed curbside prior to the first day of scheduled pickup. The tree and shrub trimmings must be less than or equal to 12 inches (12”) in diameter and the pile may not exceed 12 feet (12’) in length, 5 feet (5’) in height and 5 feet (5’) in width.

        In addition to monthly brush pickup, Waste Management will collect brush that is cut and bundled on your second regular trash day of the week. Bundles may not exceed 4 feet (4’) in length and 35 pounds in weight per bundle.

        As a reminder, Waste Management is not responsible for the collections of work completed by contractors. Tree removal and extensive tree trimming is the responsibility of the homeowner. For additional questions, please call Waste Management Customer Service at 800-800-5804.

          Who Is My Water Provider

          City of Live Oak

          The City of Live Oak provides its own water and sewer service. The water system serves approximately 2/3 of the population of Live Oak, the majority of the other 1/3 are served by the San Antonio Water System (SAWS). Contact the Live Oak's Utility department at 653.9140 ext. 226 for further information.

          Follow the link below to find out more about the utility rates, bill payment links and relevant PDF forms.

          Utility Rates, Payment and Forms

          San Antonio Water System

          1/3 of City residents are served by the San Antonio Water System (SAWS). Contact the Live Oak's Utility department at 653.9140 ext. 226 for further information. Follow the link below to access the San Antonio Water System's website:

          SAWS Website

            Report a Problem

            You can contact us by calling 210.653.9140

              Report a Street Light Outage

              Please email Cathi Piotrowski, or call 210-653-9140, ext. 2234 to report a street light outage.

                Report a Pot Hole

                Please email Paul Wernli, or call 210-653-9140, ext. 2224 to report a pot hole.

                  What We Do

                  The City of Live Oak Utility Business Office prides itself on providing superior customer service and accurate information for the community we serve. The Utility Billing staff is responsible for reading, maintaining, billing and collection of approximately 3,000 water and sewer accounts each month. Utility Billing also handles requests to connect & disconnect, answer customer inquiries, calculate leak adjustments, and all billing maintenance necessary to send accurate and timely bills to our customers.

                  Contact Information

                  The Utility Business Office is located at 8001 Shin Oak Drive, Live Oak, Texas 78233 and is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM. You can reach us by telephone at 210.653.9140, or email at or

                  Payment Options

                  • Online – click here to pay your water bill online
                  • Automatic Draft – A convenient way to pay your water bill each month is to sign up for automatic bank drafting. There is no cost to you, and your payment will be automatically drafted on the due date printed on your bill each month. You will still receive your monthly bill so you can monitor your water usage. Click here to download an application for automatic draft.
                  • In person – Come by City Hall at 8001 Shin Oak Drive during business hours and we will be happy to process your payment by cash, check, or credit card.
                  • Drop Box – The City of Live Oak offers a drop box located at the exit of the City Hall parking lot at 8001 Shin Oak Drive. Payments placed in the drop box will be processed the following business day before 8:15 AM.
                  • Mail – Utility payments can be mailed to 8001 Shin Oak Drive, Live Oak, Texas 78233. All mail payments are processed on the day they are received.
                  • Automated Phone payment line at 833.257.8352 (An additional fee will apply)

                  Other Information

                  The following links will offer more information on our city services and utility rates:

                  Track your water usage with My Water Advisor

                  How to join My Water Advisor 2

                  1. Go to
                  2. Click on “Join my water advisor”
                  3. Click on “Sign up with account number”
                  4. Enter your account number with the dashes. ex. 00-0000-00
                  5. Enter your last name, add comma and then first name. (ex. Smith, john)
                  6. You should now be in a new screen that asks for your email and a password that you will use to log in every time.

                  Cómo unirse a My Water Advisor 2

                  1. Ir a
                  2. Haga clic en "Unirse a mi asesor de agua"
                  3. Haga clic en "Registrarse con el número de cuenta"
                  4. Introduzca su número de cuenta con los guiones. ex 00-0000-00
                  5. Introduzca su apellido, agregue la coma y luego el nombre. (ex. Smith, John)
                  6. Ahora debería estar en una nueva pantalla que le pida su correo electrónico y una contraseña que utilizará para iniciar sesión cada vez.

                  Utility Services FAQ's

                  How do I start services at my address?

                  To start new service for water, sewage and trash, you will need to visit our office to fill out the residential water application, provide our office with a signed copy of closing discloser/lease agreement/proof of ownership and pay the $100.00 deposit and $15.00 non-refundable administrative fee.

                  If you are unable to visit our office in person, you may use the online form to start the process. Complete the Residential Water Application, scan your driver's license, closing discloser/leasing agreement/proof of ownership, and email the documents to the utility department at: or

                  Can my billing date be changed?

                  The city of Live Oak is divided into six set billing zones by address, so we are unable to change billing dates.

                  How can I pay my bill?

                  The city offers many ways to pay your utility bill.

                  • In person at Live Oak City Hall at 8001 Shin Oak Dr., Live Oak, TX 78233
                  • By mail
                  • Placed in the convenient drop-box located at City Hall
                  • By bank draft
                  • By phone at 210 653-9140 ext. 2200, 2225, 2226
                  • On our website at (An additional fee will apply)
                  • With our Automated Phone payment line at 833.257.8352 (An additional fee will apply)

                  How do I make changes to my account?

                  Please contact our office for more information on account changes. 210 653-9140 ext. 2110

                  How do I request to have my services disconnected?

                  Customers who would like to terminate their service must fill out a Termination of Service form and submit it to the Utility Billing Department. This form can be found at or the customer may come in to our office at 8001 Shin Oak Dr. Live Oak, TX Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 to obtain it. Please supply a forwarding address and specify the turn-off date.

                  What happens if my payment is late or I fail to make my payment?

                  Payments are due by the date indicated on the billing statement. Failure to pay your account in full will result in a 10% penalty which is assessed on the date listed on the bill. If the balance is not paid by the next billing statement, the account will be subject to a $30.00 non-payment fee and interruption of service. Services will be restored only after the balance is paid in full. For same-day reconnection of service, payment must be made Monday-Friday 8:00-4:00. Payments made on-line after business hours will result in a next-day reconnection.

                  Meter Tampering: If services have been disconnected due to non-payment, do not turn your meter back on yourself or you will be charged with meter tampering.

                  *Tampering with a meter is a Class A Misdemeanor in Texas and punishable by a fine not to exceed $4000.00, a confinement in jail for a term not to exceed 1 year or both

                  What if my check or draft is not honored at the bank?

                  If a check or draft is returned unpaid, the customer's account will be charged a $25.00 returned check/draft fee and a letter will be mailed to the customer. The customer must make a payment within 10 business days of the date of the letter for services to not be interrupted

                  Bank Draft Account: The account may stay on the draft option after one failed draft attempt. After a second, the account is removed from the bank draft.

                  When will my garbage be picked up?

                  Click here to be routed to our Garbage Service page

                  Where does the City water service responsibility end and the customer’s begin?

                  The City’s responsibility ends on the back side of the meter connection which is the opposite of the meter valve. After the water goes through the meter it becomes the customer’s water.

                  Who do I contact about leaks/problems with my water service?

                  Contact the Utility Business Office at 210-653-9140 during regular business hours.

                  Customers are limited to one leak adjustment per year and are required to provide documents regarding leak repair. Leak adjustments must be greater than $10.00.

                  I didn’t use any water this month. Why do I still have a bill due?

                  Each account has several flat rates that are charged each month regardless of water usage.

                  Can I receive my Utility bill electronically?

                  Yes! Please call our business office at 210.653.9140 to receive your bills electronically.

                  How is my sewer rate calculated?

                  For residential customers the City bases sewer billing on the average monthly use of water during three complete consecutive billing period from mid- November through mid-March. Since water is mostly used indoors during the cooler months and likely ends up processed at treatment plants through the sewer system, this amount serves as the basis for winter averaging. New customers who do not have a winter average of water usage will be billed at city wide average.

                  For commercial customers sewer service charges are computed from water usage for all metered connections except irrigation meters.

                  Download the Approved Sewer Rate Increase document

                  Texas Utilities Code – Section 182.052 – Does the utility customer have the right to request confidentiality?

                  Thank you for your confidence in trusting City of Live Oak to provide you with water and wastewater billing services. We take this responsibility seriously.

                  We collect information to serve you

                  • That you provide to us such as your name, address, contact information.
                  • About your historical and current water and wastewater usage for billing and planning purposes.
                  • A history of transactions that you have conducted with us through our mail, Internet, and phone bill payment systems. This information may include meter number, account number, account balance, payment history and account activity.
                  • Internet cookies and related technology that is used to manage our websites and improve services to you.

                  We share certain information about you as required by law

                  Because our main source of water is the Edwards Aquifer, City of Live Oak may release certain information about you. This is outlined in the exception’s clause of the Texas Utilities Code, Section 182.052, Confidentiality of Personal Information, as follows:

                  “A government-operated utility may disclose information about the customer’s consumption, amounts billed to or collected from our customers if the primary source of water for the utility is a sole-source designated aquifer (Edwards)

                  City of Live Oak may also release personal account information to the agencies and entities identified in Section 182.054. Since Open Records requests under the Texas Public Information Act apply to City of Live Oak, certain information concerning your account — specifically account name, and consumption history — may be released to outside parties upon request.

                  Our policies and procedures have been developed in compliance with the Texas Utilities Code, Section 182.052, Confidentiality of Personal Information.

                  Your right to access your personal Information

                  You have the right to request access to your personal information, which we have collected, and to request amendments to your information to ensure its accuracy and completeness.

                  If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our Utility Specialist at 210-653-9140
                  Thank you from the City of Live Oak

                  Download City of Live Oak Section 182.054

                  Download Customer Request for Confidentiality

                  Other Service Providers

                  Electric and Gas Services for the City of Live Oak are provided by City Public Service of San Antonio. They can be reached at 210.353.2222.

                    Licenses, Permits & Forms

                    Permits, Inspections and Applications

                    The Development Services department handles permitting applications and inspections. Applications can be submitted using their online permitting system or in person via PDF. Follow the link below to learn more and access the forms.

                    Permitting and Inspection Information

                    Pet Licences

                    City licenses are required for all cats and dogs over three months of age. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required. One and three year City Pet Licenses are available. License validity are concurrent with the rabies vaccination and expiration. Follow the link to learn more.

                    License Information

                      Handle Court Issues

                      The Justice Center is located at 8022 Shin Oak Drive

                      For any questions, call for answers.


                        Contact Police Department without dialing 911

                        During Regular Business Hours: 210-945-1700

                        Weekends and After Hours: 210-653-0033

                          Get Hazardous Materials Picked Up

                          Household Hazardous Waste Disposal

                          Do you have used motor oil in your home? Fluorescent Light Bulbs? Pesticides? Old Paint? Unwanted TV or computer?

                          Click here for WM At Your Door Flyer.

                          This program has been a huge success for the City of Live Oak.

                          • Call 1-800-449-7587, make sure that you tell Waste Management that you are a Live Oak Resident.
                          • They will send you a bag or bags.
                          • You place the bag/bags at your door and they pick them up.

                          It’s that easy!

                          Call 1.800.449.7587 to schedule your pick up.